Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lake Norman Holiday Lights

Thanksgiving is starting to feel like a faint memory. I mean it was a whole week ago and we are now well into the Christmas season. Of course, retailers across the country have been decorated for the holiday since the day after Labor Day but for many, we are just now starting to dig out the baubles and lights for our homes. 

As I was sitting in my office last night, I couldn't help but notice the homes across the cove from me. They have not only decorated the "front" of their homes but many have also decorated the other front (meaning the lake side). As I sat here and grimaced that I was still in my office at 9:30, I have to say that it truly lifted my spirits, holiday and otherwise, to see the lights shimmering on the water. To those LKN neighbors that were thoughtful enough to consider my point-of-view, thank you. What a beautiful way to brighten the holidays!

No comments: