Monday, December 29, 2008

It Just Keeps Getting Easier to get to Lake Norman

The Harris Development Group is planning a retail/residential development close to Caldwell Station. For those familiar with the area, that is right on the highly anticipated light rail line. 

In the 12+ years we've lived at LKN, we've heard about the completion of the outer belt loop and light rail. Now that the economy is slumping and new construction is slowing to less than a crawl, please forgive me if I am less than excited by the news. What I can tell you is that in those 12+ years, the population and traffic have shot off the charts. 

However, if this development DOES come to pass and light rail DOES make it up our way, then I promise to be excited. I might even do some shopping there. Until then, I am going to enjoy looking out the window at LKN, which makes a little traffic worth it all!

No comments: