Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fishing Devices on LKN?

There is an interesting story in the Charlotte Observer today about a plan to deploy fish attacking devices on Lake Norman. Basically, these are PVC contraptions that act as a submerged Christmas trees but won't snag fishing lines like the proverbial Christmas tree. I suppose this isn't a bad idea but the real rub is that the LKN Marine Commission, the governing body for LKN had no idea it was happening until Gus Gustafson, local fishing guide and LKN celebrity mentioned it to a member of the Marine Commission. Let's just say, surprised isn't the best word to describe his reaction. 

Now I am not much of a fisherman but I'm not too sure I even I want the kind of help a bunch of PVC pipe can give me. I mean really, if fishing is so bad here, why does Wal-Mart host a Bass tournament every year? 

No comments: