Monday, September 15, 2008

Wildlife on Lake Norman

I try to walk every morning. Mostly for the exercise but recently for the calm and quite of the day that allows me to meditate and prepare for what lies ahead. 

This morning my daughter was waiting for the bus (before 6am) and we saw a Great Horned Owl. I had heard it a few weeks ago. When I told my daughter, she just shrugged it off as her old man not having a clue (she is a teenager after all) and then today, when the owl came out of the trees by my neighbor's house, she was convinced her dad knew a thing or two. 

Of course, owls are just one of the many things we get to see around her. It still amazes me that we have so many forms of wildlife just out our back door but then you can leave out the front door and be in a world of traffic and shopping. It really is nice that the two worlds co-exist.

No comments: