Monday, April 7, 2008

Lake Norman is almost at Full-pond!!!!

We are almost at full-pond (Lake Norman is almost full again) after a record drought. I’m in the market for a pontoon boat and maybe a couple of jet skis. Of course, the next question is where to store our new toys! We still don’t have a dock and with all the talk about a downturn in the economy, evidentially, that doesn’t apply to dock and dredge companies.

We attended the Mid-Atlantic Boat Show back in late February and actually asked two dock companies to call us for an appointment. Lancaster’s called and left a message. I called back right away and then called again and spoke to the guy but he never made an appointment and never called back as he had promised. The other company never bothered to call. I’m in sales and I would love to be in a position to be able to blow off prospects.

What’s funny about it is that the project we are looking to bid is not a typical, single family dock but a pretty in depth project that would surely be more than a run of the mill dock. Oh well, I guess that isn’t important.
So, I’m not sure if we buy a boat that we will have a place to put it! I guess we’ll enjoy full-pond LKN from the shore for now!

No comments: